TITLE: HP Notebook System BIOS Update
VERSION: 01.17 REV: A PASS: 1
This package creates files that contain an image of the System BIOS (ROM) for
the supported notebook models with a N73 family ROM. This package is used to
flash the System ROM on a supported notebook.NOTE: To determine the ROM family
and ROM date, press F10 on the notebook during startup to run the Setup Utility,
and then view File/System Information.
SOFTPAQ FILE NAME: SP78351.exe
SOFTPAQ MD5: b364f2429a9a6b2e836c59e437783f2a
EFFECTIVE DATE: November 02, 2016
SSM SUPPORTED: Yes
HARDWARE PRODUCT MODEL(S):
HP EliteBook 725 G3 Notebook PC
HP EliteBook 745 G3 Notebook PC
HP EliteBook 755 G3 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 32
Microsoft Windows 10 64
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT Enterprise 32-Bit (x86)
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT Enterprise 64-Bit (x86)
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic 32 Edition
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Edition
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Edition
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 32 Edition
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64 Edition
Microsoft Windows 8 Chinese Market 64 Edition
Microsoft Windows 8 Emerging Markets 64 Edition
Microsoft Windows 8 Multi-Language 64 Edition
Microsoft Windows 8 Professional 64 Edition
Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit Chinese Market
Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit Emerging Markets
Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit Multi-Language
Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit Professional
- Provides improved security of UEFI code and variables. HP strongly recommends
transitioning promptly to this updated BIOS version which supersede all previous
releases. NOTE: Due to security changes, after this BIOS update is installed,
previous versions cannot be reinstalled.
- Adds the Launch Hotkeys without function key press option in the F10 BIOS
- Adds the DriveLock password on restart option to the F10 BIOS setup menu.
- Adds support for the Japanese language keyboard.
- Removes the E-Label check when the feature is not present in the BIOS.
- Fixes an issue where the Windows activation key is erased when the real-time
clock (RTC) battery in the system is completely discharged.
- Fixes an issue where the USB Type-C Power Delivery (PD) firmware update
procedure does not run properly.
- Fixes an issue where the system does not power on (boot) properly.
- Fixes an issue that causes the system to draw more power than expected when
the system is powered off (S5 state).
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the file by clicking the Download or Obtain Software button and
saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where
the downloaded file is saved).
2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
NOTE: For systems that did not ship with BIOS version 1.05 or later, this
utility may be required if the BIOS has been updated. Visit the BIOS and drivers
page on www.support.hp.com, and follow the instructions using the HP Electronic
Label Restore Tool to restore the electonic label.
Copyright (c) 2016 HP Development Company, L.P.