TITLE: HP Notebook System BIOS Update
VERSION: 01.05 REV: A PASS: 1
This package creates files that contain an image of the System BIOS (ROM) for
the supported notebook models with a P78 family ROM. This package is used to
flash the System ROM on a supported notebook.
SOFTPAQ FILE NAME: SP80604.exe
SOFTPAQ MD5: e51de6ae56711b1abb168b45ebeede35
EFFECTIVE DATE: June 19, 2017
SSM SUPPORTED: Yes
HARDWARE PRODUCT MODEL(S):
HP ZBook 14u G4 Mobile Workstation
HP ZBook 15u G4 Mobile Workstation
HP EliteBook 840 G4 Notebook PC
HP EliteBook 848 G4 Notebook PC
HP EliteBook 850 G4 Notebook PC
HP EliteBook 820 G4 Notebook PC
HP EliteBook 828 G4 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 All Editions (64-bit)
- Updates the Intel MCU (microcontroller) for the Kaby Lake CPU.
- Optimizes the thermal behavior of the system.
- Adds support for Quiet Mode on the fan.
- Provides improved security of UEFI code and variables. HP strongly recommends
transitioning promptly to these updated BIOS versions which supersede all
NOTE: Due to the security changes in this release, attempts to install older
BIOS versions require the user to be physically present to accept the older
- Fixes an issue which causes a black screen to be displayed on an external
monitor connected to the system when the lid is closed.
- Fixes an issue which causes the display to flicker intermittently when system
is run in a legacy BIOS mode.
- Fixes an issue where the System Management Command (SMC) does not function
properly when USB Storage Boot is disabled in the F10 BIOS setup.
- Fixes an issue where the Power on Authentication does not display the
Fingerprint option after the system is powered on.
- Fixes an issue where certain USB 2.0 keys are not detected in F10 Boot
- Fixes an issue on a system running Windows 10 with SecureBoot enabled where
Windows 10 not show that SecureBoot is enabled.
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the file by clicking the Download or Obtain Software button and
saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where
the downloaded file is saved).
2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Copyright (c) 2017 HP Development Company, L.P.