TITLE: HP Notebook System BIOS Update
VERSION: 01.08 REV: A PASS: 1
This package creates files that contain an image of the System BIOS (ROM) for
the supported notebook models with a P80 family ROM. This package is used to
flash the System ROM on support notebook.
This package includes several methods for updating the BIOS version as follows:
- Use the HPBIOSUPDREC Utility to update the BIOS directly in a Microsoft
Windows Operating System environment.
- Use System Software Manager (SSM) to update the system BIOS on PCs in a
NOTE: To determine the ROM family and ROM date, press F10 on the notebook during
startup to run the Setup Utility, and then view File/System Information.
SOFTPAQ FILE NAME: SP80760.exe
SOFTPAQ MD5: f2979ec4244c92756f3a9b2805c3588d
EFFECTIVE DATE: June 09, 2017
SSM SUPPORTED: Yes
HARDWARE PRODUCT MODEL(S):
HP EliteBook x360 1030 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 All Editions (64-bit)
- Updates the Intel MCU (microcontroller) for the Kaby Lake CPU.
- Provides support for the Hynix 16 GB memory module.
- Provides improved security of UEFI code and variables. HP strongly recommends
transitioning promptly to this updated BIOS version which supersede all previous
releases. NOTE: Due to the security changes in this release, attempts to install
older BIOS versions require the user to be physically present to accept the
- Fixes an issue where certain USB 2.0 keys are not detected in F10 Boot
- Fixes an issue where the System Management Command (SMC) does not function
properly when USB Storage Boot is disabled in the F10 BIOS setup.
- Fixes an issue on a system running Windows 10 with SecureBoot enabled where
Windows 10 not show that SecureBoot is enabled.
- Fixes a potential issue where the system does not power on (boot) properly. HP
strongly recommends transitioning promptly to this updated BIOS version which
supersede all previous releases.
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the file by clicking the Download or Obtain Software button and
saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where
the downloaded file is saved).
2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Copyright (c) 2017 HP Development Company, L.P.