TITLE: HP Notebook System BIOS Update
VERSION: 1.05 REV: A PASS: 0002
This package creates files that contain an image of the System BIOS (ROM) for
the supported notebook models with a P86 Family ROM. This package is used to
flash the System ROM on support notebook.
SOFTPAQ FILE NAME: SP81224.exe
SOFTPAQ MD5: 6e6f8c8fcdb9db915909d2553367f9ac
EFFECTIVE DATE: July 21, 2017
SSM SUPPORTED: Yes
HARDWARE PRODUCT MODEL(S):
HP Pro x2 612
HP Pro x2 612 G2 Tablet with Collaboration Keyboard
HP HP Retail Case 12
Microsoft Windows 10 All Editions (64-bit)
- Provides improved security of UEFI code and variables. HP strongly recommends
promptly transitioning to this updated BIOS version which supersedes all
- Updates the microcode to version 0x5E for systems running the Kaby Lake CPU.
- Updates the microcode to version 0xBA for systems running the Skylake CPU.
- Updates the EC (embedded controller) to version 48.58.
- Changes the default settings to enable Modern Standby in the F10 BIOS setup
menu and the BIOS Configuration Utility (BCU).
- Updates the CCG4 type-C firmware to version 6.13.
- Provides out-of-band support for WOL (wake on LAN) and HBMA (host base mac
-Provides a message that is displayed when the system is powered on when a
firmware update is available for the base keyboard.
-Provides support for an additional wireless WAN module.
- Fixes an issue where certain USB 2.0 keys cannot be detected in the F10 BIOS
- Fixes and issue where SMC (System Management Command) does not function
properly when USB Storage Boot is disabled in the F10 BIOS settings.
- Fixes an issue where BIOS recovery does not function properly when memory
usage is high.
- Fixes an issue where the status of SecureBoot in Windows does not align with
the BIOS setting.
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the file by clicking the Download or Obtain Software button and
saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where
the downloaded file is saved).
2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Copyright (c) 2017 HP Development Company, L.P.